Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cross Country Run

Last Friday was my school's cross country run . Every student need to take part in it . The run starting and finishing point is in Youth Park . We need to gather at Youth Park before 7.30 am to take our attendence . The run start at Youth Park , then to the Botanical Garden , after that to Youth Park again with another route . The run is about 8 km .

I reached Youth Park at around 6.50 am . Not many people were there yet , and its so dark there since the sky wasn't bright enough yet . I walked around the field and waiting for the teacher in charge to take attendence .

Our form was the first one to run , it was at about 8 am when the run started . I was together with Leon , Phern Kern and Yan Jiek when the run started , but after that we got saperated . I saw some monkeys when I reeached Botanical Garden , but can't stop to play with them ! XD

I reached the finish line at about 50 minutes later , and I'm the 189th ... not very good I guess ... but not bad too ! XD I bought drinks and then walk to where Phern Kern and Leon were resting . I was very suprize to found out that Leon was the 17th . Congrats to Leon .

The prize giving ceremony start at about 10 am . I , Phern Kern and some friends made a big cheers for Leon when he went up the stage to take his medal . He looks shy when he went up the stage .

Leon showing off his medal !

After all the prize was given out, the cermony ended . Most of my friend went home , but I stay at Youth Park to fool around for a while . Together with Leon , we walk around the park . After a while , we met up with Ang Chee (who was also not going home yet) at the skating area .

We sat under the tree and talk . We saw many Kids (age 13-14 one) tried to run up the slope in the skating area . None of them can get up there sucessfully ! XD They slide down again after going half way ... Some can nearly touch the top with their hands , but also slide back down afterwards . They were so cute and funny , and we laugh at them secretly .

Ang Chee asked if I want to go run up the slope for the kids to see , and I agree with him . We were trying to show off to the kids there ! XD Leon refuse to come with us since he says that its so childish . Ang Chee go first , he ran up there without a problem , and he dont even need to use his hands . (not like the kids ) It's my turn then . I also ran up there without a problem , it's not difficult at all ... but don't know why the kids can't get up there . When Leon see us got up there so easily , he also ran up the slope . 3 of us sit above there and watch the kids keep trying to climb up .

Leon said that its not challenging at all . So he want to try another one at the back . That slope's surface is not straight . Its like a half circle shape . Ang Chee said that it's impossible to run up that one , if possible , we can only touch the top then fall down . But Leon ran up that one . He can't reach the top by running , so he use his hand to help him climb up there . Ang Chee saw Leon sucessfully get up there , he also tried to climb up and its a sucess. They ask me to come up , but honestly , I'm a bit scared just by looking at the shape of the slope . It can cause injury if you fail to get up . But still , I decided to run up the slope . You'll begin to fall when you almost reach the top . I used my hand to catch the top then push myself up there . When 3 of us got up there , the kids was like looking at us and very surprize . Haha ! doing that is dangerous , but fun ! XD

I and Leon went to buy something to eat after that . And then he went home . So I walked around with Ang Chee and took some photos :




A kid trying to reach the top of the slope .
see the one at the back ... thats the one I'm talking about that is round in shape .





Ang Chee







this was taken when all the poeple went home ...


standing alone ...

Thats all for the cross country run . Meow~~!

0 comments:

Post a Comment